Mining Industry - News and Analysis
Singareni Collieries to invest in Adriyala Coal projectSingareni Collieries Ltd has received approval from Union Cabinet committee to invest Rs.8460 million for Adriyala coal mine project in Godavarikhani in Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh. The project will use underground shaft mining technology to flush out the coal. CSIRO, a Australian government research organization has been retained to investigate and advise on technical specifications. Its 600 MW merchant power plant is also making progress and the company has achieved financial closure. SCCL Chairman – S Narsing Rao.
UMPP’s to rely on imported coalNew Ultra Mega Power Projects will get sanction provide their coal linkage is from imported coal. Indian coal reserves estimated at 250 billion tonnes may last only upto few decades at current consumption levels. Further, small and medium power projects rely on domestic coal and they cannot afford to use imported coal. Whereas, UMPP’s if located near the cost, can achieve economies of scale and can use imported coal. So, future UMPP’s are most likely to come up near coast. Cheyyur in TN, Kotipalli in Andhra Pradesh both projects are proposed on imported coal. Currently, around 40 thermal plants in the country are reporting critical stocks.
Allmineral Asia plans new plant at OrissaJyotirmoyee International, a 50:50 joint-venture with Allmineral GmbH and Jyotirmoyee International is setting up a new plant in Orissa to serve Indian and South Asian customers. Allmineral Asia is a leading player in mineral beneficiation plant technology. Earlier, the parent company Allmineral has tied up with Hari Machines and has successfully executed 15 dry coal beneficiation plants and 2 wet coal beneficiation plants. Now Hari Machines will produce the equipment while Allmineral Asia will take care of customer enquiries, orders, project management, commissioning, after-sales-service, etc.
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»
- ENI India to drill 3 exploratory wells in Andaman Sea
- Essar Oil to set up production wells in Raniganj blocks
- Geological Resources (Barbados) Inc to drill exploratory wells in Jalgaon
- Great Eastern Energy Corp to set up exploratory wells in Mannargudi
- Heramec to drill development wells in Kanward field
- Trimex Sands to set up mineral separation facility in Srikakulam
- Singareni Collieries to invest in Adriyala Coal project
- Ennore Coke plans expansion of capacity at Haldia
- GMDC plans coke oven plants and coal washery plants in joint-venture
- Trivista Steel & Power to set up sponge iron plant at Koppal